Passover is here, overlapping with Easter and Palm Sunday. With all the celebrating and feasting, one part of your meal that might be forgotten about is dessert. But no worries, because you can wow your family friends with this easy Passover dessert! With Matzoh (also spelled Matzo) icebox cake, you can have a new tradition as indulgent and decadent as tiramisu! Read on to get the recipe!
Matzoh/Matzo Icebox Cake Makes for a Delightfully Easy Passover Dessert!
What you will need: You will need the following ingredients for this recipe.
First, for the whipped cream:
- 2 cups cold heavy cream, for the base
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar, for sweetness
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, for a kick of spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, to balance out the two
What you’ll need for the chocolate:
- 1 ½ cup more heavy cream, for the base
- 3 cups chocolate chips, these will melt and blend with the heavy cream
And lastly, what you will need to assemble the cake itself:
- Use 8 Matzoh/Matzo crackers, large, to provide a solid base for the cake itself.
- Add extra chocolate shavings to provide even more garnish.
And now, the directions for the recipe itself:
- Start by making the whipped cream. Combine ingredients (heavy cream, etc.) in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment engaged. Then beat together until they are combined and you see soft peaks forming.
- For the chocolate, place the chocolate chips in a bowl. Then using medium heat, simmer the heavy cream. Once hot, pour the cream over the chocolate. Allow this mixture to sit for 10 minutes or so, until you see that the mixture has smoothed out and the chocolate chips have melted.
- For the Matzoh/Matzo cracker cake base, start by taking a cooling rack and putting it inside a sheet pan. Put one cracker on the rack, and spread chocolate over it. Add the whipped cream on top of the chocolate. Repeat until all of the crackers and whipped cream have been used.
- Use the remaining chocolate to drench the sides of the cake. Make sure all sides are adequately covered. Use the chocolate shavings as a topping. Next, switch the cake to a serving plate. Last, refrigerate for around 4 hours. The crackers should have softened to a cake-like texture.
Kitchen Appliances from Appliance Distributors Unlimited
Appliance Distributors Unlimited is the premier resource for kitchen appliances in the mid-Atlantic. Since 1982, we have been helping home builders, kitchen designers, contractors, property managers and homeowners create dream kitchens that are masterpieces of form and function. If you need help choosing the best kitchen appliance package for your remodeling project, don’t hesitate to request a quote online or contact us at any of our five convenient locations in Gaithersburg, Takoma Park, Linthicum, York, or Chantilly. Feel free to visit our online appliance store at buyadu.com.