With the 4th of July coming up, there’s no better time to start preparing your tastiest recipes. Amaze your friends and family with this delicious cheesecake flag cake. Here you’ll find the ingredients you’ll need and the steps for preparing this Independence Day dessert. Keep in mind that preparation should only take about half an hour, but the whole process will need three and a half hours.
What Ingredients You’ll Need
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups of crushed graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¼ cup white sugar
For the filling:
- 1 cup of mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons, approximately, of fresh lemon zest
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups of heavy whipping cream
- 20 fresh strawberries
- 24 fresh blueberries
Start Preparing the Cake
- In a bowl, first combine the graham crackers, melted butter, sugar for the crust, and the unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix well until everything is crumbled together.
- Pour this mixture out into a square baking dish. The baking dish should be 9×11 inches. Cover with plastic wrap and then refrigerate for 30 minutes. This will allow the crust to set properly.
- Next, combine the mascarpone cheese and the cream cheese in a bowl. (You might want to use a different bowl than the one you used to for the crust, this will prevent flavor overlap). Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla into the cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whip the sugar for the filling with the heavy whipping cream. Keep going until the mixture is fluffy. Combine the whipping cream with the cheese mixture, making sure the new mixture is also fluffy.
- Spread and smooth the filling over the crust. Cover the entire container with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Once the cake is chilled, set aside.
- Core strawberries and cut in half (top to bottom). The bottom (pointy end) should point to the right side of the cake.
- Continue to add strawberries to the cake. This should resemble the stripes on the flag.
- Add blueberries to the square section on the top left hand corner. Blueberries represent the stars on the flag.
- Serve & enjoy. Happy 4th of July!
Kitchen Appliances from Appliance Distributors Unlimited
Appliance Distributors Unlimited is the premier resource for kitchen appliances in the mid-Atlantic. Since 1982, we have been helping home builders, kitchen designers, contractors, property managers and homeowners create dream kitchens that are masterpieces of form and function. If you need help choosing the best kitchen appliance package for your remodeling project, don’t hesitate to request a quote online or contact us at any of our five convenient locations in Gaithersburg, Takoma Park, Linthicum, York, or Chantilly. Feel free to visit our online appliance store at buyadu.com.