September 12, 2016
This Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta Recipe is Calling You
Choosing this creamy chick bacon pasta recipe will be the best thing to happen to you today and if you share it with friends and family you’ll be the hero of the household. This adventurous and exciting take on a classic pasta dish will send your taste buds on a flavor filled journey that they will refuse to come back from. The best part of this dish is it only requires one large skillet to cook it in. Less to clean up more to eat!
5 Slices of Bacon
1 pound of Chicken Breasts (Sliced)
2 1/2 Teaspoons of Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon of Red Chili Flakes
5 ounces of Baby Spinach
4-5 Small Tomatoes (Diced)
5 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
1 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
2 Cups of Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
12 Ounces of Penne (Cooked Al Dente)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove, drain on a paper towel and chop. Drain grease from the pan and reserve.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the bacon grease back to the pan. In batches, so as not to crowd the pan, add the sliced chicken and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika and chili flakes. When the chicken is cooked and no longer pink, remove it from the pan and set aside. Continue cooking in batches until all the chicken is cooked and set aside.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes to the skillet and cook until the spinach is wilted. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, then add the Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta, chicken and bacon back into the skillet. Stir to evenly mix.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to absorb and thicken.
- Serve with additional shredded Parmesan and chili flakes, if desired.