February 3, 2017
Easy Tips for Cleaning Your Oven
For most of us, cleaning the oven is the last thing we want to do after a long day. While most newer ovens have a self-cleaning option, it won’t guarantee that the burnt or caked on food will disappear entirely. If you have to clean the oven yourself, this is an easy and effective way to do so with minimal effort.
To clean your oven you will need the following items:
- Spray Bottle
- Baking Soda
- Sponge or Rag
Cleaning Your Oven:
- The first thing you should do before cleaning your oven is remove the wire racks. They can be soaked in a simple hot water and vinegar mixture while the oven is being cleaned.
- Take your bowl and mix two tablespoons of baking soda with a little bit of water. The mixture should have paste consistency, which will easily spread over the oven’s surface.
- Use the paste to spread across the oven, and let it sit overnight for approximately 12 hours. Note that the mixture will turn brown upon contact with the oven’s surface.
- The next day, using a wet rag or sponge, wipe as much of baking soda off as you can.
- Put some vinegar into a spray bottle, and spritz the areas where baking soda residue remains and wipe it using a wet rag or sponge.
- After putting the racks back into the oven, turn it on at a low temperature for 15-20 minutes to dry.
Cleaning Your Oven Window:
- Apply another baking soda paste to the window of the oven, and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Using a rag or sponge, wipe the window clean.
Kitchen Appliances from Appliance Distributors Unlimited
Appliance Distributors Unlimited is the premier resource for kitchen appliances in the mid-Atlantic. Since 1982, we have been helping home builders, kitchen designers, contractors, property managers and homeowners create dream kitchens that are masterpieces of form and function. If you need help choosing the best kitchen appliance package for your remodeling project, don’t hesitate to request a quote online or contact us at any of our five convenient locations in Gaithersburg, Takoma Park, Linthicum, York, or Chantilly. Feel free to visit our online appliance store at buyadu.com.