January 18, 2017
New to the Convection Oven Game?
When it comes to kitchen appliances in a residential or commercial kitchen, convection ovens are well known for the delicious creations they can make. Many homes come outfitted with kitchen appliances that offer convection settings, but many bakers and chefs miss out on the benefits because they aren’t quite sure what it does. Here is the lowdown on convection ovens, how they are different, and what they can do for you!
You might remember the term convection from science class. Convection ovens have their own fan and exhaust systems, unlike regular ovens, so they blow the hot air in your oven around the food and then vent it out. Hot air surrounding the food helps it to cook more evenly and more quickly, making convection ovens a must-have for many residential and commercial settings.
Why Are Convection Ovens So Great?
Here are some of the top reasons that people love their convection ovens (and why you’ll love yours!):
- Faster cooking than ever before, since hot air is blowing on and around the food
- Even cooking so that your food turns out well every time. This especially comes in handy when you are baking, as even heat is crucial for great results.
- Browning evenly and nicely, unlike in normal ovens. Other ovens can become humid, as moisture is trapped inside and not vented out. Convection ovens are dry, so it can caramelize sugars more quickly and start browning.
- Saving energy by cooking food faster. Normal ovens typically use more energy to get up to temperature and stay up to temperature and take longer to cook things. Convection ovens circulate warm air so that the temperature is maintained more easily and efficiently.
- Convection ovens are particularly good at cooking the following: pies, pastries, cookies, things that are covered, anything that needs to be toasted, or things that need to be dehydrated
Convection Ovens or Any Appliance You Need
Whether you are a remodeler needing beautiful appliances for a job or a client looking for the latest in kitchen appliance technology, we have the availability and prices you will love. Since 1982, we have provided the Maryland, Northern Virgnia, and Pennsylvania area with fantastic customer service, functional showrooms, and expert advice. We also offer a price match guarantee so that you know you are always getting the best value. For more information and to see what we offer, visit us online or give us a call at (844) 900-8600. For more fun tips, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Houzz, YouTube, and Pinterest.