Are you looking to upgrade your kitchen this holiday season? Buying any large appliance is always a big decision, but knowing the right questions to ask will help you make the right choice. Here are a few simple things every homeowner should consider before buying a new kitchen refrigerator.
- Will it fit in my kitchen? This may sound obvious, but it’s important to measure your available space and make sure that there is at least a quarter-inch gap for air to circulate behind the refrigerator. Counter-deep refrigerators are shallower and will fit flush with your cabinets.
- How much will it hold? While the total capacity is listed in cubic feet, this will not account for things like shelves and drawers that will take up space. Consider how groceries will fit. Side-by-side fridges have big fridge spaces but only tall and narrow freezer shelves. Some doors are also too narrow for things like a gallon of milk.
- How much energy does it use? All refrigerators sold in the USA must have an EnergyGuide label that details the power usage and cost. It’s worth comparing power numbers to find what will fit your needs while using the lowest amount of electricity. Some refrigerators that cost more upfront might actually pay for themselves by saving you on your electricity bill.
- Can I manage the temperature? Better refrigerator models will usually give you more flexibility when it comes to managing the temperature directly. Some models will also provide energy saving modes that can help further cut down on power use.
- How easy will it be to use? It’s important to make sure that your refrigerator is accessible for everyone in your household. Consider how much effort it takes to open the doors and whether or not there are convenient spaces for kids to reach. Does it have an easy to use water dispenser and icemaker?
Kitchen Appliances from Appliance Distributors Unlimited
Appliance Distributors Unlimited is the premier resource for kitchen appliances in the mid-Atlantic. Since 1982, we have been helping home builders, kitchen designers, contractors, property managers and homeowners create dream kitchens that are masterpieces of form and function. If you need help choosing the best kitchen appliance package for your remodeling project, don’t hesitate to request a quote online or contact us at any of our five convenient locations in Gaithersburg, Takoma Park, Linthicum, York, or Chantilly. Feel free to visit our online appliance store at buyadu.com.